Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I'm new here, I used this forum to solve a problem not long ago and now I need your help again, as I googled my problems and came up with nothing...
Anyway, I've been trying for a while now to install IE8. But everytime I get the installation process going, it tells me that the installer had a problem validating the installation files and that I should check that the Cryptographic service is on. I made sure it was on and so was the service it depends on (RPC), but it doesn't work.
Now, for the last couple of days I couldn't go on microsoft.com (the browser tells me that either I'm not connected (I am) or I typed the address wrong (I didn't)), nor can I go on facebook or either my or my fiancee's mail (yahoo & gmail) while using IE7. Maxthon has the same problem, and using Firefox facebook and the emails do load, but microsoft.com doesn't.
Anyone has a solution for either or both of these problems?
Thanks!

BTW- the second problem appeared only after I very foolishly installed RegTool - but I have since used another site to instruct me as to how to completely remove it and it seems all of its effects have disappeared except for this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.