Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went home to my parents house and installed a USB PCI card, a sandisk digital camera cartridge reader, and an external parallel port microsolution backpack CD/RW burner. On my last restart of the computer it would not allow me back into Windows. I hit F12 and it gave me the error message. THE STACKS IN YOUR CONFIG.SYS ARE OVERFLOW, EDIT YOUR CONFIG.SYS AND TRY AGAIN (in dos window). Then I restart the computer again it boots me into the system in safe mode. I have examined all hardware, ran Norton System Works - Utilities. I cannot get the system to boot me in.
All day everything was working fine, the USB card was working, the digital card reader was working great and I was burning CD's. Could it possible that there is not enough RAM? (32) I ran msconfig and eliminated all startup programs ... ???

Any advice anyone can offer is much apprecited,

Chad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the Stacks reconfiguration, no success. What I did just to get back into Windows was remove the USB PCI card. booted back p great, reinstalled the card, everything was installed great, just cant get my broadband internet working now. When I plugged a USB device into th new card, I got the same message as before and I could not log back into Windows. Removed the device. I had to leave. I think the PCI NIC and USB are conflicting ... OH no, I mean the ISA NIC, could there be a conflict? ISA and USB I mean? When I ran msconfig and looked in the config.sys there were no lines to edit, so I added the suggested lines that where in the Microsoft Support page, no success.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.