Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Windows 98 SE (P2 350mhz) and on the youtube website (in the troubleshooting section) it says that you need windows 2000 or higher in order to get sound to work. Is there a way to get audio in Windows 98 ? I have tried using the K-Lite decoder thingy but can't figure it out. Any suggestions fellas ??? Do I need to upgrade to another operating system or what ? I am getting NO audio whatsoever when viewing a clip.

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
JiggyG1 said:
I am running Windows 98 SE (P2 350mhz) and on the youtube website (in the troubleshooting section) it says that you need windows 2000 or higher in order to get sound to work. Is there a way to get audio in Windows 98 ? I have tried using the K-Lite decoder thingy but can't figure it out. Any suggestions fellas ??? Do I need to upgrade to another operating system or what ? I am getting NO audio whatsoever when viewing a clip.
Most likly you need 2000 or higher but but you won't get any support for windows except vista now but because vista is a beta it might not work so I would go with a new OS like 2000 window ME or xp pro or home.you could email youtube and see

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.