I downloaded a program, a chat client called Pesterchum, a few weeks ago. It's been working fine and I like it! However, today, when I tried to open it, it gave me an error code: "Error: [errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed". The only options the program gives are to quit or reconnect, but reconnecting has no effect.
I googled it, and mostly I got a lot of tech and code jargon. I'm not a coder at all, and couldn't really follow what people were doing to fix it? I think it's a Python code, but I could be wrong.
I have tried:
- un-installing and re-installing the program
- restarting my computer
- a system restore to several days earlier, when the program was working
- running the program as an admin
Nothing has worked so far, and I am still getting the same error message. I assume it's some kind of connection issue on my end, because one of the option is to reconnect.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Error Message: "Error: [errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed"
- Program: Pesterchum (link to where I downloaded it)
I'd really appreciate some help! Thank you!