Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heloo friends,

My bluetooth icon sudenly disappeared from my system tray.Now how to get the bluetooth icon? please help me. I just always used to share files through blutooth of my laptop.The bluetooth works fine yesterday but now it disappeared.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
OK so check in Device Manager if your Bluetooth device is there, usually in the Networking adapters section, if it is there, you may have accidentally disabled it, so look around for a switch or a hotkey to turn it back on

· Registered
5,636 Posts
Hit the Windows key + R and type msconfig. Go to the startup tab and look for the bluetooth and see if it's unchecked. If it is, check it, save and restart the system. Even if it is checked uncheck it and save then recheck it and save then restart the system.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
From the Control Panel, go to the Network and Sharing Center, in the left pane click the link to change the adapter settings, it will take you to the page where all the networking adapters are, find your Bluetooth adapter and check to see that it is enabled.

· Registered
27 Posts
Is this a laptop? Some laptops have a switch somewhere that can turn the Bluetooth on/off? Maybe your computer has such a switch and it got accidentally switched off.

It's also possible that your Bluetooth hardware failed.

· Deceased Moderator Gone but never forgotten
82,272 Posts
there is no switch in the laptop to turn on the bluetooth.
:confused: If the bluetooth is integrated it is toggled on/off along with the integrated wireless adapter by the "wireless" switch just to the right of the function keys according to the user guide. There may also be a HP utility to control the bluetooth and Wi-Fi individually.

82,272 Posts
If you have the HP Wireless Assistant it's pretty self explanatory (not that it always works flawlessly). See attached.

Attachments

82,272 Posts
In Services (just type that after clicking on the Start button to find it) check the two services that have Bluetooth in the name. If either is not Started can you start it?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.