Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 unsuccessful attempts to do so...

See attached pics of error messages...

The last - setup decompression - is where I am now. Real database doesn't have the answer. I had to send an email.

Anybody see an obvious problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Glad to help. It's a better application anyway. :D

Ya, sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted that last night.

The 'Set-up decompression failed' is more than likely due to a bad download. A compressed (zipped) file is just like any other file...it needs all its data for a program to be able to read it.

The ones before that....the 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED looks like a fairly common STOP issue, nothing to worry about. Look HERE for more info.

The Hardware error...again, probably just a glitch caused by the RP files....depends what the system was doing at the time We'd need more info for that.

The 'Run a DLL as an App' problem...I Googled it, and got a lot of hits...most relating to software trying to do something it shouldn't it seems.

So, basically, nothing to worry about by the looks of it. If these KEEP happening, then worry, but if it was only while messing with RP, forget about them.

Scorp.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke too soon.:(

RealAlternative ain't good for streaming mp3 streams, which is how they transmit, if you choose RealAudio format. It takes a clip, downloads it, and doesn't 're-new'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.