Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently downleded a bmp file from a file sharing program. The file has a long name and whenever I try to do anything with the file(delete,rename,etc.) the following error message appears:
Explorer caused an invalid page fault with wzshlext.dll at address.
I've scanned and have no viruses?What can I do to delete this file?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Looks like wzshlext.dll is a file installed with WinZip 7. Although I can't imagine why it would be causing you probs simply renaming the file and such, why don't you try uninstalling/reinstalling WinZip?
Or just for curiousity sake, uninstall WinZip, do a find for wzshlext.dll and if you find one (or more), rename it (them). Now, before reinstalling WinZip, try to rename that file. Do you receive any errors?

And since you downloaded the file from one of the filesharing programs, you should run an up to date virus scan ASAP.

·
Gone but never forgotten
8,684 Posts
From Explorer, right mouse on the file and note the MSDOS name. Then restart to DOS, CD to the directory and DEL the MSDOS name.

Eg:

CD\data\myfile\save
DEL weirdf~1.abc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.