Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is the first time posting on this site and im not the best with computers so ill try and explain as best as i know possible
if you need more info or certain info let me know and i will try and get it

and as i dont have internet at home i have to do this at school so i might be a bit slow in getting the info you need but ill try and get it up as soon as possible

our provider is telus
ive got a PC(ill have to get make when i get home) with XP on it
i have a linksys wireless-G PCI adapater
windows manages my connections and the linksys is disabled from managing my connection
the network im connecting 2 is WPA2-Psk

the only thing i can think of was we had a lighting storm around the time this happend but my comp was off for the night and i unplugged it when i heard the thunder right away but everything else on my computer is running fine so i dont think it would be this

ive been able to connect to this network no problem for the last year +
then about a week ago i couldnt even find the network in my list (but everyone else has no problems)
I took the network out of my prefered networks and got it showing up (got my hopes up) but
when i try and connect it will either sit at the windows is connecting to network then do nothing and once every so often it will connect to the network but the moment i go on the internet it kicks me off and diconnects from the network

thanks to everyone who helps out

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Have you tried disabling encryption on the router and then connecting? What is the exact make/model of the modem and the router you use? Can any other computers connect? Have you tried a wired connection to the router?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant connect with a wire becuase its not an option and other computers can connect no problem with the password and being wireless/with a wire
my computer is the only one with the problem it seems

for the make of the modem and router ill have to find it out because its not mine

i probably cant disable the password because the person who has the router set up and shes not very good with computers so she probably wont want to fiddle with it as no one else is having a problem with it

if these limitations are to much sorry for wasting peoples time and ill keep trying to figure this out

thanks

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Why is connecting with a wire for a test not an option?

Where is the modem and router?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant connect with a wire becuase the modem is inside the house and were im staying isnt connected to the house its across the yard.
as for the problem it seems to have gone away just this last night i have internet again its a little slow and i didnt do anything with it. so i dont know what was going on but
thanks for all the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.