Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my friend's laptop here on which after cleaning it out, formatting, etc. I installed win xp pro onto.
I got all the drivers, even went to sony to get some drivers there (it's a sony PCG-FX340, updated the BIOS as it stated that it would fix any USB issues.

Now, I have a cable modem and so does my friend and so I am trying to get on the Internet. The laptop uses a USB cable to connect to the cable modem.

After a long struggle I finally got it to recognize the modem driver, but I still can't get online...What am I missing? Everything in device manager is working. It has a LAN with my modem and it has a 1394 connection network adapter. The LAN does send packets, but does not receive any (if that helps). Now, it's not connected to a network. I have tried switching from LAN to 1394, using both, using either one, no connection.

I have never had trouble connecting to the Internet...what did I forget? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, there is one LAN that I am thinking is for the ethernet, yet there is no port for that.
Then, there is the firewire and then there is a LAN2 that has my modem on it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.