Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been having problems for the last few weeks. When I try to click on a link on a page and it opens in a new window, the page stays blank. The only way I've been able to view certain pages is to keep a seperate window open, and leave the mouse on the link, while I type the address in. Unfortunately, some of the links that I try to go to say they are javascript popups and there is no address to type in. If I type in the javascript it just trys to open the blank window. I went to msn tech help, but they say they no longer support windows 98. I have also tried doing the start- run regsvr32urlmon.dll and that didn't work either. I apologize for being so long winded. Any help to get this fixed would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance- Cynthia.

·
Registered
22,468 Posts
Another possible solution:

If you click on a hyperlink in a web page and only a blank window appears,

1. Go to Start / Run
2. Then enter regsvr32 urlmon.dll
3. Click Ok when finished
4. If that single change does not resolve the problem, repeat the process by running the following additional entries:

* regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
* regsvr32 Msjava.dll
* regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
* regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
* regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
* regsvr32 Browseui.dll
* regsvr32 Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

There have been several instances where the previous tip using regsrv32 does not solve the problem with hyperlinks not working. In this case try:

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools / Internet Options
3. Click on the Programs tab
4. Click on the Reset Web Settings button

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you to both of you for your help. Unfortunately, neither of these solutions have fixed the problem. Is it possible that this is a virus? I'm not overly computer literate, but I can follow simple instructions so thank you for spelling it out for me. Are there any other things for me to try? I've downloaded several of the registry cleaners listed in an above post, and while the computer seems to be running faster, I still cant open another window. Thanks-Cynthia

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Are you using a pop up blocker ( like Google Tool bar ) ?

If so try holding down the Ctrl key while click on the link, and see if it works...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.