Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my problem. I have a Dell laptop that uses Windows Vista instead of the older and much easier to use(I think)Windows XP. I want to burn a cd using the Windows Media Player with music I have downloaded from limewire. This was never a problem on XP but after hours of frustration I have yet to find a way to do it with Vista. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
74,148 Posts
Hi heatheregan, and welcome to TSG.

You may not get much help here for problems with songs that may have been illegally downloaded.

Also, swearing is not welcome here either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reviewing the singular response to the thread I posted earlier today, i would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended with my use of language that is apparently intolerably foul. Perhaps "heck" would have been more acceptable. My intention was not to be rude or to offend, but simply to express a very high level of frustration. Also, to my knowledge, file sharing on the internet is at this time still legal. If I want to be preached to, I'll go to church. I came here to obtain help from people more knowledgable than myself. I guess it's possible I came to the wrong place.

·
Banned
44,930 Posts
After reviewing the singular response to the thread I posted earlier today, i would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended with my use of language that is apparently intolerably foul. Perhaps "heck" would have been more acceptable. My intention was not to be rude or to offend, but simply to express a very high level of frustration. Also, to my knowledge, file sharing on the internet is at this time still legal. If I want to be preached to, I'll go to church. I came here to obtain help from people more knowledgable than myself. I guess it's possible I came to the wrong place.
As to the legalities of file sharing....it depends what you are 'sharing'.
As to your specific question of why you can't burn the music you've been 'sharing' ( :D )
could be anything from a bad burner to software that's been buggered up by malware you've probably downloaded through Limewire........a lot of new members come here to correct that kind of issue.

My suggestion, uninstall Limewire, never use it or any similar app again for 'sharing' music and start looking for rootkits, trojans, and general malware on your hard drive.
You might even consider reinstalling your OS.
If your system is clean, start toubleshooting your CD burner.

Have to be honest, if you aren't willing to do that, you probably won't see anyone here put much effort into your request.

Here is a simple search to show you the pain others have had from using Limewire.....enjoy.
LINK

If I want to be preached to
If you don't want to be preached to at TSG......next time don't acknowledge using a file sharing app that's associated with stealing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.