Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed the Windows 7 RTM but cannot boot without the DVD in the drive. I even deleted the partition, created and formated and then reinstalled.

I've tried making Disk 0 the first boot device in the bios and I've tried running:

Bootrec /FixMBR
Bootrec /FixBoot

from the command prompt in the Repair Computer option of the Windows 7 dvd.

I got the same issue when I put the RC on the system but was sure it would be fixed after I deleted the partition and started over. Any help is appreciated.

lavesa

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is this a W7 only system or do u have some dual boot thing going on? I have run into this problem on XP with a bad HD.

a clean install by deleting, recreating and formatting the partition will not have that problem if the install disk and hard drive is good. U can do all this at the point W7 asks u where u want to install the OS. Just make sure u have the right partition selected when u hit next.

If it is dual boot, then there are issues with the boot manager which I have avoided by not dual booting, but the answers are out there to make it work.

The boot manager is different between XP and W7 and requires more than I want to deal with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.