Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad's work computer had a FakeAlert trojan on it. So I followed a forum and downloaded a tool to get rid of the trojan. In order to use the tool, I was told to boot in safe mode. I used MSCONFIG to tick the /safeboot option. Big mistake. My dad works for a corporation that uses encryption software for his computer. So instead of the standard Windows Login, he gets a much more secure login screen when his computer boots up. For this reason, he does not use his Windows ID password at all. Nor does he remember it. After logging in with his encryption software, the comptuer boots into safe mode and the Windows Login Prompt appears. His user name shows up and asks for a password, but neither of us know it. Also, there is no "Administrator" user either. I tried putting "Administrator" as the ID and some admin, adminstrator, etc variants as the password but nothing has worked.

How do I get this computer out of safe mode? I tried tapping F8 and the Advance Boot menu appears. I selected Start Windows Normally, but since the /safeboot option is checked, it continues to start in safe mode. What do I do? My dad needs his laptop for work.
Please help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.