Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to install a belkin usb adapter for connecting to a wireless network to my computor the computor stalled out at the point where it was asking you to restart your computor. I did the obvious thing clicked ctrl alt del which switchted to a loading screen for the usual menu. I cannot remember the precise message. Anyway I was forced to manually restart the computor by holding the power button.

Now I cannot boot windows, get into safe mode or the advanced screen, or boot the copy of windows 7 I have. In all cases it just goes to a blank screen after the almost blank screen just after the HP boot menu. Bios works perfectly.

I have tried to launch safe mode with F5. I tried to get to advanced settings with F8. I tried to use the HP F7 mode which gets you into advanced settings but that never got me anywhere other than a blank screen. These things have all worked for me in the past but are not currently working.

I have a hp a1654n
I don't have the specs of the computor on hand and in general they don't seem too nescary - I'm sure I could piece them together if anyone thinks it would help.

Any help is appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.