Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. My internet connection works, I can use Skype, Poker Sites, anything that has been installed in my computer that I can open through an icon, but webbrowsing not working. I have tried Lan Settings. What else can I try. I always get a 'Internet explorer cannot display the webpage'. What to do. My firefox worked for a while when my internet explorer didnt, but now Firefox doesnt even load when I double click on it. So have neither now! Muuaaaa!

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
Read this troubleshooter.

If no luck,

Please click here to download and install the HijackThis installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have adaware lavasoft software scans all the time. It keeps coming up with the same malicious hardware and I remove it, it says successful, but then when I do another scan its still there. Maybe that is whats not letting me open internet browser.

Its my laptop that has this problem and I cant get on the internet to doenload hijackthis installer in the first place...

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
Can't you download HijackThis from a working computer and copy the installer to a USB flash drive? Then, simply plug it into your faulty computer and run the program.

Or, try booting in Safe Mode with Networking and try accessing the Internet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I could. Its all good though. I uninstalled firefox and then downloaded firefox setup to working computer, saved setup to USB and ransferred it to Laptop. Working fine now. WOuld like to know why regular explorer doesnt work though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.