Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compaq Presario running Windows XP, second upgrade.

I am unable to install programs. When I try it seems as though there is a second installer trying at the same time and that conflicts with the initial installer.

I get the message: "Error 1606. Could ot access network location %USERPROFILE%\Recent\"

I have followed the advice on checking the registry for wrong paths, but I could not locate any.

The initial problem was with WordPerfect Office Suite 12. When the computer was booted I would get a message that Windows was trying to reconfigure WordPerfect Office Suite 12 There didn't seem to be any reason for that, so I tried uninstalling WordPerfect but it would not uninstall. I then removed it manually and removed all references that I could find to Corel in the registry. Still no happiness.

I am struggling at this point and am out of ideas.

Phil Ramstad

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hi Phil,

I think you would get more and better answers in the Win2k/XP forum, as this doesn't exactly seem to be an application related problem. If you want your thread to be moved there, click on the red triangle above one of the posts and report to forum moderators.

Anyway, I would suggest a system restore to a date before the problem first ocurred. That at least will allow you to install programs, and maybe someone else can tell you how to get rid of Wordperfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.