Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am not sure whats going on. All of the sudden I cant access secure websites on IE or Firefox. I tried clearing my dns registries and shutting down Norton anti-virus (which seems to be the source of a lot of my problems) but its not helping.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Hi;

Are your date and time setting correct on your computer, this some times creates connection problems.

Are your security setting correct?
(firefox, tools, options, advanced tab, encryption, use SSL3 use TLS1 checked)
(IE, follow this link)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the date/time and thats correct.

I havent changed the security settings no my browsers, plus its happening on both of them. I just looked at them and they seem to be fine. I went thru and cleared my temp files and my cookies. I also let norton run all night last night and it only caught one file.

Ive done everything in that thread short of uninstalling Norton. I will do that now.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Did you recently install norton or zonealaram or a different Firewall?

Try running the verisign browser test;
http://www.verisign.com/advisor/check.html

Is there any exclusions in your hosts file?

If it is no joy, perhaps you should ask to have this thread moved to the security forum, you will get more help there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check the file integrity of the IE and Outlook:

* Click Start>Run> "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) It might ask for the Windows CD to upload the corrupted files
* Click Start>Run> regsvr32 softpub.dll (without quotes) and wait for the OK message; then try again.

Here are some Microsoft Knowledge Base articles dealing with this problem that you may like to look at if you aren't able to solve the problem. Just Google the error number and you should find some additional info on it!

* 261328 - Cipher Strength Appears as 0-Bit in Internet Explorer
* 301803- Error Message When You Try to Connect to Secure Site: Client Certificate Has Expired or Is Not Yet Valid
* 303807- "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to View Web Page on a Secure Web Site
* 305217- Page Cannot Be Displayed Error During SSL 3.0 Server Session Timeout
* 811383- Internet Explorer Connectivity and Certificate Display Issues
* 813951- You Cannot Access Your MSN E-mail Account or Authenticate with a Web Site in Various Programs
* 821814- You Receive a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Post to a Site That Requires Authentication

Interesting code links:
:up:http://www.latestcouponcodes.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Configure Security settings for the Trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer:

* In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Security tab
* Select Trusted sites, and then click Default Level
* Add the secure Web site you are trying to access to the Trusted sites zone. To do so, click Sites, type the address (URL) of the site in the Add this Web site to the zone box
* Click Add, click OK, and then click Apply

our codes :
:)http://www.latestcouponcodes.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive cleared my dns registry, my host file has nothing blocked, I uninstalled Norton, I upgraded IE, I ran Zonealarm and Spyware sweeper, I called my ISP (who had no idea), I checked my security settings. I upgraded my flash and java, my winsock is fine, my MTU is 1500, my date and time is correct.

http://www.verisign.com/advisor/check.html -
says everything is fine.

Im at a loss.

After doing all of that it doesnt seem like its secure sites, it just seems like its random sites. If I go to www.hotmail.com I get a blank page. If I go to MSN and log into MSN live and then click hotmail I can get it. There are also a couple other random sites I cant get in. I can ping the sites, I just cant get to them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't know what Windows version are you with, so access Command Prompt, and execute following commands, hitting Enter after each one:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Broni, I ran through those a couple days ago.

Hewee, I deleted all my cookies. Some pages that use Java work fine (pogo.com works).

Im about to just give up and buy a new laptop. :-(

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
In IE go to tools internet options, then click security and then click custom level. after this scroll down until you see meta refresh. Make sure this is enabled, if not select it, save and close Internet Explorer.

Retry hotmail...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I connect thru a wireless modem.

Some of the sites I couldnt connect to I was able to for a while yesterday and now I cant again. I didnt do anything last night, I just logged on very quickly and checked my e-mail and while I was on decided to check the pages I could before. Now they are gone again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I couldnt connect to Firefox all this time, and I didnt have this site bookmarked in MSN, so I couldnt remember what it is.

Ive tried the sites through other peoples connections and they still dont work. Ive tried everything, I give up and Im shopping for a new laptop. :-(

·
Registered
978 Posts
One more try...
From Command Prompt, run following command:
regsvr32 wuapi.dll
Hit Enter.
Repeat same regsvr32 command for following files:
• wuaueng.dll
• wucltui.dll
• wups.dll
• wuweb.dll