Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a task for someone with Sherlock Holmes mentality, keeping in mind I am virginal in computers stuff.

I am getting at initiating the PC a blue screen with the following warning:

"A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER :pAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA."

It has shown either error +++ Stop 0x00000050 (0xE1357000, 0x00000001,0x80557819,0x00000001)

or this other one:

+++STOP:0x0000007E, (with serial number between brackets)

So far I have a week following all kind good advices I have received from kind people here in this forum. But I´m stuck with no solution at sight. I have disconnected hardware and eliminated software recently installed. Nothing happens.

Today reviewing the MS library for "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA I found the instruction to check for error messages in the SYSTEM LOG at EVENTS VIEWER ( Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, and then double-click at EVENT VIEWER)

In this log I found a list of ERRORS AND WARNING signals broken down by TYPE OF SIGNAL, DATE, TIME, SOURCE and EVENT CODE.

I will appreciate your help in trying to trace the origin of my blue screen through the SYSTEM LOG EVENTS and how to interrelate them to solve my problem if this is the right track.

Oniro

My PC:
Windows X P2000 as OS.This is a IBM Clon (in the old terminology), 1.20 gigahertz AMD Duron processor, 40 gigas HD , 256 Mhz installed memory.Board: SiS-730

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.