Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
It's possible. My experience is, that a computer will boot up and shutdown very close to the same amount of time between using Win98 and WinME. It all depends on what your loading and how you have things configured. If you have the settings configured the same as much as you can, it could, but these are only my experiences. I don't think ME loads that fast. ON a newage computer, Win98xME OSs all load quick regardless.

would like to add that Win98 will probably never be winME in a restart, but as for a straight bootup, win98 can beat winME no problem. for win98, you don't even need config.sys and autoexec. It all depends what you are loading at startup and if you have a lot fo usb devices.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I have a 200MHz processor with 128M Ram. I can reboot faster in Win ME and Win 2000 Pro then a friend with a 750MHz process with 256M ram. He is starting everything under the sun, I'm starting the bare essencials. It you have a slow anti virus program and a lot in the start up menu, it's going to take longer.
I've heard people say you need a 1GHz processor and 256M or more RAM to run WinXP, I'm running it on a 200MHz machine with 80M RAM and it's working fine.
It mostly is what you have start on boot up.
Del

·
Registered
80 Posts
I doubt 98 can beat ME in boot up speed, ME has no autoexec.bat or config.sys to load so it should always beat 98

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.