Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the charger for my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L300 running Ubuntu 10.04) broke a while ago and I haven't used the thing in months. I finally got a new charger from eBay, it was really cheap and didn't have a brand name. Lately, I've been noticing the capacity of my battery going down; about a week ago it would be fully charged at 87%, then 83% and today it stopped at 80%. I've had the (Li-ion) battery for about a year and I've been keeping it plugged in a lot lately but should it be degrading this quickly all of a sudden? And can my charger be outputting at an improper voltage or something and harming the battery?

Thanks,
Marlon

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
yes

Toshiba Compatible Satellite L300 Adapter
Input Volts AC 100V - 240V
Output Volts DC 19V
Output Current 4.74A
Power 90w
Internal Stock Code CAA72G

whats the ebay one ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Input: 100-240V~1.5A
50/60Hz

Output: 19V[Straight line with dotted line underneath(I fail at whatever notation this is)]3.42A

That's all it says on the back. It was sold as a charger specifically for a Toshiba Satellite L300 so I never thought to check the numbers... probably should've.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So should I stop using this charger? Does the discrepancy in amperage constitute a danger? Or is it likely the voltage is outputting differently to what it says on the back? The barrel connector was broken on my official Toshiba charger so if I need to I can just transplant the one from the new charger onto the old charger; but should I, or is the charger not a problem?

(Thanks for your help, btw)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.