Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a little low on RAM here until we get another shipment, so I gave added some extra in that was just lying around, all i know abouit is the sticker that says ddr266 128mb, which matches the known good stick.

The question though: Could incompatible ram cause file system corruption? The machine runs fine for hours. I install XP Pro SP3 and run all the updates, and sometimes even have time for some configuration changes, but three times now, with three different Hard Drives, it eventually doesn't boot from missing various files, or runs chkdsk and destroys all my changes leaving it looking like a new log on (Bliss Desktop asking for a XP tour!) or something similar.

Just wondering if it's worth another clean install without the "mystery" RAM or if it's likely to be something else. (cuz then I can leave it to the hardware guys :) )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.