Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been using it for years, but they have major payment access probs due to where i am and my billing address and i'd like to do without it, as well as not have to pay for it any more...

i have dsl from my phone company, so what will happen if i drop msn?... it's been my hotmail access program since i started paying for the service back when i needed dial-up and i'm used to it, hate using internet explorer to get to my hotmail...

would i be able to use any other access?... such as google?... i don't like yahoo or aol, either...

HELP! [i'm such a tech-know-nothing]

love and hugs, maia

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
"HELP! [i'm such a tech-know-nothing]"

That's what they are counting on. You might want to read this:

http://windowssecrets.com/2008/01/03/01-Microsoft-charges-customers-for-free-services

I would say you can drop it. I'm not sure what you mean by "what will happen if i drop msn?... it's been my hotmail access program since i started paying for the service"

MSN Premium is not an email program. It's a so-called service. Outlook Connector IS an email program, (comes with MSN premium) and it can be downloaded and installed absolutely free, even if you don't pay for MSN premium. Outlook express works just as well and is also free. I could go on, but you're paying for stuff that you can get for free. MSN premium is for suckers. Click the link to find out more.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You would be wise to remove your email address from your post because it it an invitation for spam. You can click on edit and take it out or click on report and ask a moderator to remove it for you.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
You won't be able to use MSN Explorer with out a paid account. If you have saved emails in folders from within MSN Explorer, be sure you export them before you cancel. Much easier to do it from within MSN Explorer than tracking them down afterwards. You can simply move them back to your inbox, then download them into Outlook, Outlook Express, or Windows (Live) Mail

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice, folks!

how do i go about moving the email?... won't it all show up in my hotmail, no matter how i access it?

stored emails are now in the 'folders on your computer' section... how would i transfer that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.