Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all..

i just want to ask if i can make my desktop uneditable.. because i have a little brother that is having fun making the desktop a mess.. by filling it up with a copy of shortcuts..

is there anyway to do it, or if there is a software for it, could you pls tell me where to download it..

thanks in advance :up: :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that will be a good help sir.. but if there a program that i can make the appearance of the desktop uneditable to others.. what i have in mind is that they can edit the desktop and that they will only have access to the shortcut on the desktop nothing more.. let say they will not have access to the start menu and to the quick lunch. make thing short they can not browse the system, they'll just be stuck to the desktop.

pls excuse my english.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
I don't know if there is any 3rd party software that is that configurable and free.

To some extent what you are looking for is integral to Windows XP when you create different User Profiles with different levels of priveleges and password protect your logons. Even there they would have limited access to the Start Menu and other functions, they would just not be on yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.