Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gateway Profile computer which is a flat screen all in one computer.
It is an all in one older computer. Is it possable the use modify the
computer to use it as a monitor only for a another computer?
Maybe there a creative hardware person that has figured out how to
modify that computer to do that? In effect I am looking at disabling the
computer and only use the monitor part of it for another computer.

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Depending on the model, and from what I see of the specs, the Profiles are basically upright laptops in interior design - the screens actually have laptop model specs, which mean they probably plug in the same way - that kind of limits it to being part of that machine.

There may be a way, but by the time you've added any hardware needed to complete this task, it would probably be cheaper in the long run to get a small stand-alone LCD screen.

A-N

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
If the monitor is using a custom PSU that is supplying power to BOTH the mother board and the monitor, it can be tricky... as the computer may need to power up in order to turn on the display.

If the monitor is plugged directly INTO the motherboard, not with a VGA cable... you're talking a lot of work.... may not work.

Today, you can easily buy a 19" LCD for $100. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=False&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE

Its offical, Newegg no longer sells CRTs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.