Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i booted my pc to find the C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM error.
I have a recovery disk, but when i get to the repair or recovery screen, it doesnt recognize my sata hard drive! i have heard that you need to f6 the drivers for the drive for it to show up, but i dont have the floppys that came with my mobo and hd, and i cant seem to find the drivers i need ! someone please help me.

Mobo = Foxconn K8S755A-6ELRS 754 SiS 755 ATX AMD Motherboard

HD = Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB SATA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive already seen that page, my problem is, once i actually get to the recovery/repair options screen, it tells me that it cannot find my hard drive, therefore i dont get into recovery console, and i cant fix the file. i guess what im asking for is if anyone can help me find the floppy drivers i need to be able to proceed. if not another possible solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cant thank you enough man, worked like a charm, those were the drivers i needed, rank chkdsk in recovery and im back online. any potential side effects at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im back in windows but now my network connections are acting weird, cant connect to internet and i get no notification when plugging in and unplugging netowork cables. on to the next issue :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.