Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently burning a Adobe Illustartor File to a CD using Windows XP, while buring I cancelled the burn. Since then every time I try to burn files to CD, the file that I cancelled (druing the burn) always comes up in the "files to be written to CD" section and gets burnt to the CD along with other files that I am actually trying to burn. I have tried deleting this file from the "files to be written to CD" section but when I do this an error message appears that says that I cannot delete the file as there is an "open program". I have restarted and shut down the computer many times but I still cannot remove this file. How do I delete this file from the "files to be written to CD" section?

Thanks

Matt

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
Welcome,

Try deleting it in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.