Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone has ever actually opened up thei cd burner? i recently had to open mine, and need help locating where a piece that was loose belongs. any help or any links is appeciated~~~~blixa

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Hi,

Could you describe what the piece looks like? Depending on when you purchased the burner, you may be able to get a replacement (mine came with a two-year warranty I think). If it's an option, try and make it look like you never opened up the burner (quite often, that'll void the manufacturer's warranty), and try and get a replacement.

Unfortunately, drives usually aren't user-serviceable (forgive me if I appear to be making any assumptions about your technical skills, thats not my intention).

Try and get it replaced, and save yourself the headache.

:)

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, its a teac cdw58e, bought in july or august. there is absolutely no way i could get a replacement as the tray was damaged when it was ripped off. i was able to get it working immediately after the accident but there was a loose piece (which seems to just 'fit' somewhere, it looks like a white plastic lens cap or reflector of some sort, it is also magnetic. i have been able to fix the tray (not enough to get it replaced under warranty) but cant figure out where this piece goes. any ideas? thank you~~~blixa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.