Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night the power bumped at the house and my computer went off. Since then I can no longer start the compter. Nothing, nada. Their is a power on light located on the MB, but none of the fans are on. I am guessing a power surge may have taken out the MB. I was an idiot and did not have a surge protector on the computer power connection. Is there any way to check to see if the MB was fried or if its something else. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
It could possibly be the power supply also. If you can get one to hook up to try, I would give that a try first.

Also unhook everything you can, hard drives cd-rom, etc. I would temporarily unhook all the fans except the cpu fan also. Then see if it does anything. Another thought is the memory may be ried but you should at least get beeps. Leave the memory and vdeo hooked up when you try this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. One thing I fogot to mention and which may confirm the power supply proble. I noticed that the computer case fans do not work when the power is plugged in. There is a light on the MB which does light up though. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.