Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a second hand MSI CR600, everything works fine except for the webcam. It's not even detected by the computer. The computers original operating system was windows vista, but the fellow installed windows 7 on it, if it helps.

I just tried finding the webcam drivers from MSI website but it only says this "This device uses the native driver bundled in operating system." and no download file for that specific application.

:eek:

/Thank you for your time and consideration

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Presumably the previous owner wasn't bothered about the webcam being unusable.

Have a look in Device Manager (Start >> Control Panel >> Device Manager)
If you see an error symbol under "Imaging Devices", it means there is a problem (missing or corrupt driver).
Turn on Automatic Updates in Control Panel and see if Microsoft downloads a driver for it.
If there are no error symbols in the "Imaging Devices" category, and no mention of a camera or webcam, it means the webcam is faulty so Windows isn't able to detect it. Unfortunately they are not repairable unless you are an laptop electronics expert.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no "Imaging devices" category or such anywhere. I'm sure of it, it doesnt exist on the laptop
I did update everything of windows, it didnt fix the cam though. I also downloaded drivers update, and updated everything, still no luck.
I also did the Microsoft "Fix it" scan and repair, it did not fix the problem.
I'm so sad

·
Super Moderator
16,194 Posts
The webcam itself might not work, you could buy a stand alone one they are quite cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.