Tech Support Guy banner

BSoD twice then sleep (?) mode

445 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  managed
Yesterday I tried to restart my laptop, because some new update in settings popped up. When my laptop wanted to restart, it gave me the BSoD. I didn't think anything of it, as this laptop is a bit older and might not support some stuff. So, it restarted again and tried to undo the changes. It could not. It gave me the BSoD again, and after loading, some options to help me. I could restart, run the command prompt, and some other options. I tried basically all, and searched up how to do it. None worked. In the end i thought I'd just reset the laptop, while keeping personal files, and reinstall all the games/programs that I had installed. I didn't see another choice. When I did that, it started loading a long time, in which I went to bed. The next morning, I hoped it would be fixed, instead it was now worse.

When I start it up, it gives me the BSoD, restarts, gives me the BSoD again, restarts again, and then goes in to some weird sleep mode, where the screen is black, but i can hear the fan running and my keyboard is lit up. (which it normally does when it is on, but not in sleep mode) And throughout this entire process not a single input (mouse, keyboard) works. How do I fix this? I bought this laptop last year in november from someone else, who used it for a year.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSG,

What make is that laptop and what is it's full model name ?
Post the details shown on the BSOD (if any).
Can you get into the Bios setup ?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.