Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
This morning, when I started my computer, it went well. But 5 minutes later, when I tried to enter a game, the screen froze and then I received a BSoD. Then, when I started the PC again, the BIOS and all the software, except the Windows XP, had some of the words spelt wrong and before the screen when Windows is loading another BSoD. Same thing happened after retrying for several times. Then I entered Safe Mode and it worked! So I tought that the problem is the OS. So now I'm reinstalling the OS, hopefully the BSoD won't appear again. But how can I restore the writing? Or is there a problem with my hardware? Maybe the hard or the video card.

Here is an example of the writing "bug". It was taken from the Installation setup:
"Pleaqe wait while Setup copies files to the Windows installation dmldepq,
This might take qevepal miluteq to aomplete."

Thanks!

PS: Sorry for the bad language.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure,
It's a desktop, aproximatelly one year old:
Processor: Intel Dual Core 2,8 GHz;
Memory: 2 GB;
Hard Drive: 300 GB;
Graphic Card: GeForce x8500, 512 MB.

Anything else you need to know?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New problem...
It's getting me angry. I am changing the OS from XP to W7. The first part of the installation went smooth, but now when the Windows starts (the part where I enter the Time/Date/Languange etc) a error appears: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered and unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."
I restarted the computer and the same error appears again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. The last time I did that was a month ago.
Is there anyway I can do this without entering the OS?
If no, should I try to change it with another to see if I get the same problems? (I have one on my old PC, not very good but it's better than nothing.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it has a model. Bought it all from a hypermarket, adding the graphic card afterwards (bought it from a friend who was using it before). I'll go search for it on the papers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
System Bit 5200-Benq 19"
CPU: Intel Pentium DC E5200 BOX (2500Mhz)
MB: Asrock LGA775 (G31M-VS)
RAM: 2GB DDR2 667MHz
VGA: Integrated -- added Nvidia GeForce 8500 gt
HDD: 320 GB SATA II, 7200 rpm
Source: KME 1767, 450W

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think yes. I'll try getting another version of XP and I'll do it using the onboard card.
Thanks for the help and sorry to have wasted your time.
I'll be back when I finish to tell if it's better or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.