Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. One of our users has received two BSOD's in the past 10 days. I checked the dump files and they both say

"Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!IopSynchronousServiceTail+70 )"

and

"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: e69da000, memory referenced.
Arg2: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: 8052e7b7, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 00000001, (reserved)"

This computer is a Dell Optiplex 760 running Windows XP SP3. Last week, we ran the full diagnostics on the Dell Diagnostics disk and it came up clean. I think next I'm going to run memtest86+.

I've attached the last two dump files and if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
Both of your log files show the problem is probably caused by aspi32.sys (different from your log analysis that showed "ntkrpamp.exe"), a driver file for an Adaptec SCSI device. I am not sure why you would have that though; unless you have an Adaptec add-on card, or maybe it gets installed with Adaptec or Roxio CD/DVD burner software. Do you have any of those?

Note that I have seen cases where two debug tools show different results for a given .dmp file, but don't have a clue why or which is correct.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there is a SCSI add-in card installed. I also believe there is Roxio software installed. However, I'd be willing to bet the SCSI card is the culprit. I'll take a look at that. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.