Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been getting a Windows XP Pro BSOD with the following technical information:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF495FED ...
The computer resets before any more information is displayed.

This error has been occurring for a few months, but it occurs occasionally, i usually just let the comp reboot and choose "Start Windows Normally" and it will boot fine. However, today i did that over 10 times and it kept giving me the bsod. Then i gave up, but tried again after 15 mins or so, it booted up.

I only started getting the error after i replaced my comp's PSU (the old one died - i tested the old one on another comp) a few months ago. At the same time I decided to replace my graphics card (Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH replacing a Radeon 9200SE), and install a new sound card (SB Audigy 2 Value) and new hdd (Western Digital SATA 200G).

I suspect the error is caused by a memory problem, but I'm not sure. Any ideas of what i should do?

My comp:
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton)
ABit AN7
Antec TrueBlue 430W
1GB RAM (Generic brand)
Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH
SB Audigy 2 Value
Hard disks:
Western Digital 200G SATA and 120G IDE
Seagate 200G SATA and 60G IDE

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I suspect the problem is sound or graphics card related.

What I would first try:

Remove the drivers from Add/Remove for these devices, then reboot; if prompted with new hardware wizard, cancel the wizard and install the downloaded drivers. You can remove both devices at the same time but only reinstall one at a time.

Audigy 2 Value drivers

Leadtek drivers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.