Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Not exactly, but:

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

You can also remove the check for "automatically restart" in this location.

-----------------------------

You may also find some basic information in the Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc) in the System Log, but this does not provide much detail.
-----------------------------

In getting useful information, if no non Microsoft driver is identified, one needs to look for a pattern of repetition otherwise troubleshooting is pretty hopeless.

What changes preceeded it?

You might just want to try a "system restore" to a prior date if this is repeating.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, there was only one file in the mini dump folder. I uploaded it. As for what was happening before the error, i was playing a game and when i closed it i got the error.

As of right now, that is the only blue screen i have gotten.

Attachments

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
There is nothing specific here.
The "nominal" faulting driver is a common system driver that can fault for either stress or hardware issues -- or sometimes other conflict issues.

In this case, since it happened during gaming I would suspect stress. Perhaps heat, or perhaps the hardware just is not designed for heavy gaming.

Also it appears you are on wireless or have one; I would avoid gaming with a wireless connection if possible.

BugCheck 50, {f9e03a48, 0, 9e733eec, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!PFEOBJ::vFreepfdg+4a )

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks for the info. It might be a heating issue. I think my hardware is capable of gaming. I just recentley bought a wireless network card, but i am having issues installing it so i am not using it yet. What is wrong with gaming with wireless just out of curiousity?

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Nothing inherently if you have a good signal and no delays -- but there are wireless issues generally in pre SP2 Vista which were addressed in hotfixes.

I just prefer the reliability of a wired connection which has one less layer of hardware and data transfer to go through.

In any online gaming situation you want the lowest latency (ping) that you can get for a server -- I'm not sure how much wireless might affect this, but you can test to find out. This is not just a question of bandwidth, but how long it takes for a single data packet to get back and forth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.