Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have attempted to solve this with Microsoft - but they seem to know little if nothing about their own programs. I have downloaded IE 6.0 about 5 times - it installs fine - however, upon operating it, and exiting the main window (to log out) or when I close out a child window, I get a page fault in 'browseui.dll' - verytime. We have attempted to use the IE repair function - no luck. We have even run IE 6.0 in safe mode with absolutely the bare minimum of drivers etc running and it still does the browseui.dll trick. I am able to uninstall IE6 to previous configuration (IE 5.5sp2) which works like a charm. I am using Win98se (all current updates in place). I run Norton Antivirus 2000 (updated to 2001) and Windowblinds 2.2 enchanced. None of these programs seem to be the cause of the problem, as when they are not running, same problem. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem or what might be causing it so I can correct it? I have another system at my office that is pretty much the same (as far as software goes) to this one - and IE 6.0 works fine. (The system with the problems is a Gateway G6-300 - PII 300Mhz. with 256mb ram, 20gig HD, CD-RW, Zip etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Would appreciate any insight you all could provide. Thanx.

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
Hiya and welcome

When the error comes up, have you seen what is causing it? Click on the details button when it appears to see. Is it Explorer or something else?

There is this for Explorer, but if its not, then let us know:

Explorer Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Browseui.dll

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eddie
The erros is caused by Internet Explorer:
IExplore caused an invalid page fault in module BROWSEUI.DLL at 0187.71943a8. (etc).
The error is definitly cause by IE 6 - I get not such error with IE 5.5. When we looked for cause we closed down all running programs (even Windows drivers) and received the error everytime we ran and then exited out of IE. Hope this helps.
Thanks, John

·
Super Moderator
37,537 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.