Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course this happened the day after I signed-off on my laptop at school saying that it was now mine and I couldn't bring it to them for service...

Basically, whenever I try to attach anything to emails, my browser crashes. Firefox or IE, it doesn't matter - as soon as I click on the "attach" button, the whole browser closes - no error messages or anything, it just crashes. It doesn't even bring-up the box to choose the file.

I tried to update Firefox...even though it's happening in IE too I figured I'd start with that first since it's my main browser. I have automatic updates on, but I thought I'd go to the website just to see if there was an update that I missed. There was a whole new version - 3.5.2 - so I tried to download it....and as soon as I clicked on "Download", the browser crashed exactly like it does when I try to attach files to emails. When I re-opened the browser, my automatic updates came-up saying that a new version of Firefox was available for download - and it downloaded and installed fine. So it seems that if I attempt to manually download a file, it crashes....but if it downloads something in the background, it's fine.

AVG Antivirus is installed, and it hasn't found any viruses or anything...I've run it several times. I can't download anything, so I can't get a different antivirus program or anything...

I'm also running Windows XP if that is of any consequence.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm willing to try pretty-much anything. Thanks so much!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.