Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a problem with the following error IW-xp-01.2 on recovering Bellsouth desk top DSL ICON due according to message at the end seraching for Dell computor and get's no connection. Using new installation disk provided by Bellsouth. Bellsouth tech says it is e-machine problem. I cannot call and get response from e-machine at their #(1-408-273-0888) Please advise futher. Bozie

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bozie said:
Having a problem with the following error IW-xp-01.2 on recovering Bellsouth desk top DSL ICON due according to message at the end seraching for Dell computor and get's no connection. Using new installation disk provided by Bellsouth. Bellsouth tech says it is e-machine problem. I cannot call and get response from e-machine at their #(1-408-273-0888) Please advise futher. Bozie

· Premium Member
52,999 Posts
First Name -
Rob
Windows XP has a built in PPPoE client, have you tried creating a PPPoE connection using Network connections in the Control Panel?

By the way your first sentence makes little sentence. Could you please clarify, and explain the circumstances that led up to this; ie. is this a new computer or did this just happen, etc.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To To Tech-Triple6- Why would you say that my inquire make's little sense? I explained my problem throughly I thought. I'm having trouble with e-machine tech's. They put me completely down by the advise they gave me to follow. I was asking help on installing Java of which Bellsouth had already said that it wasn't their problem that it was e-machine's problem. I was having problem with Java staying in my comp. So I contacted e-machine Tech. and she ( a lady) saidthat it wasn't their's either. That it was a java problem but she would help me on anything else if I wish. I told her my machine was slow on going on the DSL internet. She said she could help me and advised me to go to start-run-config. Of which I did. Then she ask if I had as many as 10-checked. I said I have all, which was about 15 or 20 checked. She said without hesitation delete all. I did and that put me out of service until the e-machine tech told me how to recovery-but they had to send a new recovery disk to do so. My origional would only go to 39%-Lost all my saved stuff -Music-Pictures-etc: Fortunally I had thise saved on dick. My problem now is thatmy Bellsouth DSL disk will nt complet it's installation either. goes to end and leaves an error msg. lW-xp-01.2. I cannot get my DSL Icon on my desktp so I will have enternet explorer seperate mail default . I can go on the internet using internet explorer but I have a problem in clicking it to respond Quickly. The bellsouth disk says something about failing to contact dell comp. which is the builder of e-machines. Thank's Bozie

· Premium Member
52,999 Posts
First Name -
Rob
Your first post mentions nothing regarding Java. Nor is a Java issue a DSL or Bellsouth issue. Chances are its not directly an eMachine's problem either. Something has occurred on you your computer, many companies will not provide free tech support for software issues that could be caused by the end user or virus or spyware. Doing a full system recovery was not the right action to restore the disabled items in MSCONFIG.

Dell and eMachines are two separate companies.

You don't need to use the BellSouth disc to use DSL, you can manually set up the connection. See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283070
Also you can ask Bellsouth to walk you through the setup over the phone or to send you a new installation CD.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bell south did send new disk because their Tech could not bring back my origional desk top with th e bellsouth Icon- The triangle Icon which work's faster on powering up than using only the Internet Explorer. Using the Bellsouth Icon leaves the Internet explorer open for defauilt e-mail receiver and sender. Bozie

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bozie to triple6--Your're right on e-machine and dell being seperate companies but e-machine and gateway are one and the same-My computer refers to gateway on different setups and programs as I mouse through checking setting's. Bozie

· Premium Member
52,999 Posts
First Name -
Rob
I think you're best bet would be to have someone come and take a look at it, or try having Bellsouth creating the connection manually for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.