Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's computer has been reduced to a paperweight.
Whenever it starts up it says the following file is missing or corrupt:
Windows\System32\config\system

I have tried to repair the file, however I can't get anywhere once the computer is turned on. I've tried safe mode, same deal. I have tried hitting r when it boots and the same. I wanted to try to get into the bios to change the boot order to the cdrom first, but i can't get to it.
esc and f1, f5, f6, f8, f9, and f10 i've tried and nothing allows me to get anywhere i need. My friend even said it was ok to format the drive, but I can't even get there.
Its a toshiba satellite 5105-s501.
Any tips. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found how I am suppossed to get to the bios and that is by holding down escape until i get a prompt to hit F1 to get me into the bios, but no luck, is there any way i can get into ms-dos. I made floppy boot disks, but the floppy drive is external. Please help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoke with toshiba, a problem is that there is a bios password preventing everything I have tried. Does anyone know how to delete a bios password on a laptop that can't boot?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just figured out how to make it boot to cdrom

right after you push the power button. press the right arrow key and it will move the curser on the main screen to the cd boot device..

freaky but cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.