Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two h/d's in my computer, each with XP. One h/d I use to try out software and I don't mind if it gets "cluttered" with old programs and files. The other h/d is a "clean" version of XP that I use for every day use. The way I boot into each h/d, is that I reboot the computer, and when its booting up, go into the bios, and change the boot device from HD0 to HD1, or vice versa. Is there a boot program out there I could install onto one of my h/d, so at boot time I could tell it which h/d to boot into instead of having to change the bios all the time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You should be able to change the boot sequence at startup when it prompts you which one to choose. You might not have it setup properly.
In Windows XP go to START>CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM click the Advanced tab. Click "SETTINGS" under STARTUP and RECOVERY. Check TIME TO DISPLAY LIST OF OPERATING SYSTEMS....choose a desired time (e.g. 30 seconds). Click OK. Reboot machine (watch for bootup screen). You should now be able to change between the two by using the up/down arrow keys.

Good luck!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zilantyas,

Will that work when I have two different h/d's, each with Xp on them, and they were both installed without the other h/d connected ie. neither version of Xp "knows" about the other?

I thought your suggestion was if you have two operating systems sharing the same h/d?

EDIT:
OK, I think I see where you are coming from now....I'll give it a try...thanks....:up:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.