Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ello, n00by here. anyway.

I have a Neo4 Platinum board with 64 bit AMD 4000+ processor, its got Phoenix Bios (not sure on last update), replaced the heatsync on it for a copper quad based heatpipe heatsync and replaced the old thermal paste with fresh coat of artic 5, the northbridge fan is dead and needs a better heatsync, has a 300gb maxtor drive with Win2000 on it, two dvd drives, corsair 400mhz 518mb ram sticks in the blue dual channels, just took out a dead pny 4500 geforce vid card and replaced it with a nvidia 6800 geforce vid card, has a old generic just pc usa 380w power supply.

what the problem is, I try to install/load Windows on it, I tried the 2000 on the HDD, stopped at "Starting Windows", unplugged it, tried load XP with the dvd drives for test (its my only copy and its already on a different computer), it did the exact same thing, tried Vista Ultimate and it also did the exact same thing, loads all the drivers and everything but stops when it tries to start windows, I don't know if its a hardware issue or if its a BIOs issue since I don't know when it was last updated, its actually getting a little annoying because I was already planning a bunch of stuff for it, so anything I can do?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.