Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm getting an odd message when I start up an old Gateway GP6 350 machince with Win XP.

It reads: Boot Failure, Insert BOOT diskette in A:, press any key to continue

Performing a control+alt+delete restarts and boots with no problem.

anyone know how to remove this message? I have tried changing the order of the boot drives and removing all but the HD to no avail.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I've got a WD 70Gig drive in the wife's PC and it does close to the same thing. It gets to the Post and doesn't detect a hard drive. A restart and everything is great. I figure the drive is just really slow spinning up and the system is looking for it before it's up and running. It's been like that since it was new. No other problems with it.
Maybe your drive is showing it's age and just spinning up slower than the system thinks it should.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I don't think so but maybe someone else can tell us for sure. The wifey has just gotten used to pushing the power button, waiting about 10 seconds and hitting the reset button. Works every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.