Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

We recently purchased a BluRay player in order to stream Netflix to our television. It instantly picked up our wireless connection and we've played several movies since. Tonight, however, it will not play anything because it "needs an internet connection". When we proceed to set up the connection (again) it shows our network with a checkmark next to it and all five bars lit up -- meaning it is connected just fine. I'm sure our internet is working fine because the computer and Ipod are navigating the internet with no issues.

I have reset both the router and the player as well as un-connecting and re-connecting to our network. (We tried putting an actual DVD in the player and while you can see the picture you cannot hear any sound) Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
(We tried putting an actual DVD in the player and while you can see the picture you cannot hear any sound)
sounds like a problem with the DVD player - how old is the DVD , it may need replacing under warranty

I assume the DVD did play DVDs before all OK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying etaf :)

Turns out we just had to power cycle it (un-plug for 30 seconds then plug back in..) Guess I should have thought of it in the first place since we have to do that with the internet occasionally. We've had to do this twice since the original incident...does that seem normal? The player is new so we still have the option to return it but perhaps the issue lies elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
sometimes things lock up and a reset / power cycle helps - see if you need to do again .. if so what sort of frequency you need to do the power cycle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.