Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba laptop with XP Home. I'm having problems getting my bluetooth going. When I go to bluetooth settings, Click to open the options box, and under the General tab there is a box that says Bluetooth Radio Power. In that box it says "Radio is disabled"

In the device manager, under Bluetooth, I have Bluetooth card controler from Toshiba. When I right click on it and open properites in the Device Status box it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" In Device Usage it is enabled.

When I open the bluetooth settings and click on New Connection it says "Bluetooth is not ready"

In the Control Panel when I click on Bluetooth Devices and I have 4 tabs, Devices, Options, COM Ports, and Hardware. Under the Options tab ther is a check box for "Turn discovery on". When I click on it and hit apply an error message says "An error occured while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings were not saved: Discoverability settings, Connection settings.

I have looked in Computer Management, under Services for anything that might be turned off, but everything looks good. (I have moderate computer skills)

In the Device Manager I have tried Uninstalling Bluetooth (Bluetooth PC Card Controler from Toshiba)it has the little yellow flag, and reinstalling with the same results. Also in the Device Manager under Network Adapters I have Bluetooth Personal Area Network from Toshiba - Packet Scheduler Miniport ( no yellow flag) Well thats all I got. Thanks in advanace to everyone for your help. :)
Dysart22

·
Super Moderator
37,798 Posts
Hiya and welcome

I've moved you to the Hardware forum for more response :)

For the This device cannot start. (Code 10) error, take a look at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

And click on Code 10 at the top.

Regards

eddie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.