Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i run a windows vista dell inspiron laptop and i'm getting this bluescreen message. it keeps re-booting from time to time. my Mcafee antivirus is not picking up any viruses or trojans. could it be a hardware issue(s)? i also updated my drivers via Driver Genius Pro. this is the message i get that pops up on my desktop:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8FB2105B
BCP3: A9A19010
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082009-11.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-62384-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\Temp\WERFA26.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

any idea(s)? thx in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When specifically is your computer doing this? If you can notice a problem it can help you see what is wrong.

Mine kept going to blue screen when it was using more than 80% of the RAM it had, i know its strange but the ram was damaged and so limiting how much memory and CPU programs used kept my computer going.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Generally speaking, blue screens speak to hardware errors. Most of the time trouble-codes are pretty vague. Rather than waste a lot of time diagnosing it to an issue, I would see if there's corrupted software or bad RAM. If you know your RAM manufacturer (it should say it right on one if you pull it out with the computer UNPLUGGED), there should be diagnostic software you can run on it. Alternatively, if you RAM from another computer using the same RAM type, you can try changing it out to see if the problem occurs.

Lastly, you can try a repair installation of windows with your disk by rebooting, hitting the key to enter, proceeding through install, and selecting the repair installation. If there's a corrupted file causing the blue screen, the file will be overwritten with a fresh file, thereby curing your problem. Additionally, repair installations do not touch existing software and settings you had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.