Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once in awhile when im on my computer..out of the blue my computer shuts down abruptly..and after it's done restarting...i decide to report this problem & than the error reporting screen appears and tells me i have a Blue Scrren Error caused by a device or driver.
So on this tech support guy site i clicked on 1 of the ads for a free driver scanner...so i downloaded it..and did a scan. It found 2 drivers out of date..1 was a Smart Link 56K Voice Modem..& the other was an HID-Compliant Mouse driver...so i tried to update both drivers using the system properties & both of them said windows couldnt find a better match than i already had..which is strange..why did it say that when they both need to be updated?
So i tried to go to the manufactors site for smartlink..and it wouldnt even log in there. The Uniblue driver scanner program gave me the updated versions of both drivers....and i think if i can possibly get to download these updated driver versions..maybe my blue screen error's wont happen anymore...so how & where can i get these updated versions from?
Here's the current version numbers i have right now & in brackets are the upgradable ones this program suggested...

1. Smart Link 56K Voice Modem 3.40.6.406 (3.80.05.857)
2. HID-compliant mouse 5.1.2600.0 (6.31.230.0)

Your help will be greatly appreciated....:)

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Post your make and specific model of PC please.

I don't trust websites with driver scanners, they are just trying to sell something in the long run, and some install malware on your PC.

The best way to troubleshoot your Blue Screen Of Death is to go to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the .dmp files in there and zip them up, attach the zip file in your next post using the "Go Advanced" button, then click the paper clip icon to attach the zip.

Then other forum members can look at those dump files and possibly see what is causing your bsod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.