Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing Crysis earlier when the program abruptly stopped and a blue screen came up, shutting down before I could read anything. I restarted Crysis and it happened again. These are the codes Microsoft Error Reports are giving me on startup:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BD0C8FC9 BCP3 : B2EA2AE0
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

What does this mean? I know BSODs usually mean something horrible... I'd hate to have to replace my 9800 GTX+ because money does not grow on trees.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just as simple as reinstalling drivers then.

I'm also curious... I went into dxdiag and it said I have 3328 MB of ram but I have 4 gigs... that's also not an allowed number... is that anything to worry about?

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
No, it is normal for 32 bit Windows to only see about 3.25 to 3.5 GB of RAM. The rest of the address space is used by Windows and your hardware devices.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reinstalled drivers. Still occurring. It's worth mention that a week or so ago I was having problems with resolution where I could not set the right resolution for my monitor even after I reinstalled drivers and all. The native resolution of the monitor was being detected wrongly. The problem fixed itself. Could these all be signs of a faulty video card?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now Crysis won't open. It'll crash when I start it. Do you think it could've just been a bad installation of the game in the first place, or the constant blue screen crashing has corrupted the installation?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Even after reinstalling Crysis, it still crashes when it starts. It crashes during the time it seems that the video card is starting to prepare to display the game. All other games on my system work fine, I've tried it with FEAR 2 and Fallout 3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.