Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my keyboard doesn't work... Let me divulge; around the bottom left part of my keyboard where the Shift, CTRL, Alt, and WIndows buttons are, it was getting sticky, terrible, right? So I popped off the Shift, sprayed some Windex on a piece of tissue paper, and went to work. It was clean-ER, but still not satisfying, considering that the Shift key was clean yet everything else around that area wasn't. So I went overboard and sprayed Windex DIRECTLY on those keys after popping them off... Bad idea. After that it seemed that my computer wanted to think that the CTRL button was pushed in all the time, so any key I typed was changed. It's very frustrating to try typing an A and having everything on the window selected, so I rebooted, and now I can't even login! NONE of the keys that are used to spell (ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ) don't work and all I get is a clicking noise. Ironically (perhaps not ironic, just not good) the Caps Lock key works, and my NumPad light automatically goes on. I can also click BackSpace and get some letter that I don't know what it is... It IS in a password field where you can't see what you're typing, after all. Is my keyboard toast? Any fixes that can save me some money (I'm cheap)? Thanks in advance people!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not to be cynical, but I agree. $10 can get you a new keyboard.

**Good work with the cleaning btw. Most people don't realize there are more germs on a keyboard then in a toilet. And I chew my nails while gaming....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.