Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what I did! Some of the Icons on my desktop are BLACK. In explorer and Firefox the buttons on the tool bar are black,but if I run the curser over them the icons will display. So picture and video will not display on web sites. Also the Icons in control panel are black, also like the enter buttons,submit buttons on this page are black?? Help

·
Banned
2,664 Posts
weird! try start all prog accessories,system tools,system restore,restore to a time when this was not happening, or rgt click a empty space on desktop,properties,appearance and change to what ever u like

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Howdy folks...

Try right clicking on the desktop - properties - Settings tab, and change the color quality settings to the lowest setting, if at the lowest setting change it to the higest setting and apply...

Then change it back to what you had it before...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your help. When I changed to lowest (medium 16 bit) they desktop icon can now be seen, but all buttons( enter,submit and all buttons on toolbar are still black. If I change back to highest(32 bit) desktop icons go black again but I can see most buttons, not all ?

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Hmmm....

Let's try go here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm scroll down to item #121 Increase Icon Cache click to download once downloaded double click on it, then reboot the pc...

If that don't work open My Computer click on Tools - Folder options - View tab - Click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types, and uncneck Hide hidden Systrem files, and click on Yes to the pop up box...

While in My computer, doubleclick on the C:\ and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Local Settings\Application Data and locate and delete the file IconCache.db, reboot the pc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried both fixes delteing icon cache and changing theme. no luck with either. I also now notice I have no sound either in the system or from a cd , no sound period. also video files will not play

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.