Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a bit of a risk here in starting this thread. I love the Tech Support Guy communities and was wondering if those of us who have this illness would be open to starting a suppoer group on this thread. We could share our stories, medication ****tails and what it means to be B.A.D.:up:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Poochee. You're right. It takes a lot of things, a multi-modal approach to manage the symptoms of bipolar. Medications, exercise, cognitive behavioural therapy, healthy eating choices, and taking care of "self".

·
Registered
624 Posts
I, unfortunately, was not able to be as loving and supportive as needed for my first wife. While I console myself with the fact that she refused treatment, medication and any attempt at a nutritional diet, I still feel that I could have done more to help her. We have since parted ways and have no contact with each other.

I wish you strength, courage and lots of responses to this thread.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure you did the best you could with the information you had at the time. I have been sick for many years and it has taken me this long to realise I need lots of help and support. It has also taken my wife 17 years to figure out that my illness is and was not her fault. It occurs when a biological vulnerability collides with a psychological injury. Please do not be hard on yourself and thanks for the good wishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.