Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated the bios for my computer and when i retsarted the computer it just starts up and alls i can hear is the fan spinning and the screen doesnt come up

Can anyone help me out please?

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
Howdy,

Can you set the bios to default by either getting into Bios on startup tapping F2 or DEL or which ever key get you into it or shortening the jumpers on the board for the Cmos battery or taking the Cmos battery out for about 10min and putting it back in.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have doen the battery thing i tried resettin the cmos by switchin the jumper etc tha didn work either, screen doesnt even coem up so i cant press f2 or nothin

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Bad news, you'll need to find someone with a chip flasher to reflash your BIOS chip or have the motherboard warrantied.

However if you're using a seperate PCI-Express video card then take it out and plug into the onboard video.

·
Super Moderator
46,558 Posts
I agree you are going to either have to replace the bios chip, replace the board, or send the bios chip in to badflash.com and have them reprogram the chip.

If you want to try plugging in a floppy drive and see if your system will access the floppy on boot up. If it does, it is possible to make a blind bios flash disk. This flashes the bios with no input from you; it does not matter if there is no display. The blind flash will take place and you then restart.

Note this ONLY works if the system will access the floppy on bootup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.